We can evaluate policy coverage, advise clients on benefits, counsel and litigate claims. We provide advice and strategies that identify coverage opportunities, protect against unnecessary losses, mitigate damages, and secure payment or recovery from insurance policies through litigation and alternative means.
We are experienced in representing both policy holders and carriers in a wide range of coverage litigation and claims disputes.
The many services we provide to our clients include:
- Providing general claims assistance and guidance to policyholders, mortgagees, additional insureds, and insurers.
- Evaluating policy language under comprehensive general liability, professional liability, errors and omissions, directors and officers, employment practices liability, fidelity, homeowners, automobile, business owners, and various other types of occurrence-based and claims-made insurance policies.
- Handling insurance coverage litigation, arbitration proceedings, and mediations.
- Negotiating settlements of coverage disputes and underlying litigation.
- Preparing cost-sharing agreements, reservation of rights, settlement agreements, and various other insurance-related documents.
- Representing primary and excess insurers in dealings and disputes with one another.
- Managing bad faith and extra-contractual damages issues.