Franklin, Greenswag, Channon & Capilla represents clients in a wide range of employment and professional practice matters.
We have provided counsel to companies in a variety of industries, as well as to corporate and sales executives, employees, physicians and other professionals.
We advise clients on the development and implementation of employment relations in policies, the conducting of interviews, employee training, discipline and discharge, sexual harassment, workplace substance abuse, family and medical leave compliance and employee handbooks.
We audit and refine existing policies in addition to working with clients to develop new ones.
We negotiate and prepare employment agreements, restrictive covenants, non-competition and confidentiality agreements. We represent parties who have disputes regarding these kinds of agreements and work with clients to avoid such disputes in the future.
Franklin, Greenswag, Channon & Capilla represents clients in a wide range of employment and independent contractor arrangements including:
- Negotiation and drafting of employment contracts and termination agreements
- Negotiation and drafting of independent contractor agreements
- Negotiation and drafting of non-competition and trade secret protection agreements
- Review and preparation of employment handbooks
- Counseling and investigative work related to sexual harassment and discrimination claims
Examples of Franklin, Greenswag, Channon & Capilla work in this area include:
- Non-compete/trade secret agreements drafted for national chemical manufacturing company and national telecommunications corporation found valid and enforceable by state courts and subsequently enforced
- Conducted employee sexual harassment seminar for substantial restaurant corporation
- Successfully defended sexual harassment claim against CFO for multi-state food ingredient production company
- Structured and drafted independent contractor and employment agreements for international shipping corporation and international steel brokerage firms
- Negotiated and drafted employment contracts for physicians and other professionals
- Conducted employment law audit for chemical distribution company